Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

NEW! Maybelline "Scene on the Runway" Color Tattoo Eyeshadows for Fall 2012: Swatches + Review!

I recently picked up two of the four new shades from the Maybelline Fall 2012 "Scene on the Runway collection!"
Barely Beige & Mossy Green

The two shades that most interested me in this collection of four were Barely Beige, a shimmery nude/champagne color, and Mossy Green, a deep forest green with olive undertones.
Barely Beige & Mossy Green
The formulation of these two Color Tattoos is consistent with most of the shades in the permanent line. They are creamy, long-wearing, and have a nice consistency; you don't need to pile on layer after layer for good color payoff. I compare these mostly to the MAC paint pots; they are both easy to work with and give similar results except the color tattoos retail for around $6 while the MAC paint pots are more than double the price at $15! As an added bonus, Barely Beige is very similar to Bare Study paint pot by MAC. In my experience, these shadows do not crease on my lids and really last all day!
Barely Beige & Mossy Green, indoor lighting
Barely Beige is a frost finish, while Mossy Green is more of a satin. I've been using Barely Beige under at lot of my neutral eye looks as a nice, shimmery base and Mossy Green is perfect under olive eye looks, which I will be wearing more of in the Fall and Winter time. These shades are Limited Edition and can be found at most drugstores. I found mine at CVS, but I've also seen them at Rite Aid so far.

To check out my other reviews and swatches of the Maybelline color tattoos (permanent and limited edition,) click-through to these posts:
Have you picked up anything from this Fall collection? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }