Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Maroon Combat! 9/6/12

It's no secret that I can't wait for Fall, and with it being about two weeks away, I couldn't resist putting together a maroon ensemble!

For this outfit, I went for a satin, maroon dolman blouse with lace detailing. I am obsessed with this color in general, but especially for Fall. It's going to be the "it" color this season, so be prepared to see it everywhere!
To make the outfit more feminine and romantic up top, I added this lace filagree bib necklace and kept the rest of the jewelry pretty simple as this is the focal point of the outfit.
I love how this blouse cinches in at the waist and the fact that the lace detailing continues all the way around the shoulders and neckline.

To "toughen" the outfit up a bit and add some edge, I paired it with some black jeans and combat boots instead of the obvious choice of cute flats (although those would work here too!)
For other accessories, I'm wearing my usual rose gold Michael Kors watch and the Silver Swan bracelet from Jewelmint. I love how the nuggets of the bracelet contribute to the edginess of the outfit.
I'm also wearing a ruby ring.
It started getting dark, so we had to whip out the flash!
For makeup, I took advantage of the maroon blouse and played up a darker burgundy lip and neutral, cranberry eyes.
I used Cranberry by Mac to liven up the crease a bit and add a maroon element to my eye makeup.


Maroon Blouse and Combat Boots: Forever 21
Bib Necklace: Windsor
Black Jeans: can't remember (sorry!)
Bracelet: Jewelmint
Watch: Michael Kors
Ring: vintage

On Eyes:
MAC: Jaunty (LE)(shimmery beige) under brow and on inner corner
                          Naked Lunch (shimmery pinky champagne) inner corner and highest part of brow
Barefoot (LE)(shimmery medium gold) inner 2/3 of lid
           Sable (shimmery medium red-brown) outer 1/3 of lid and in crease
           Moleskin (LE)(light matte brown) to blend out crease
           Outre (LE)(mustard matte brown) in crease
           Cranberry (shimmery cranberry) in crease
e.l.f. liquid liner in black
Almay Get up and Grow mascara
half lashes cut from a pair bought in bulk from eBay.

On Cheeks:
Tarte Blushing Bride blush
Physician's Formula Malibu Strip shimmer strips for highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush

Nails:
Revlon Buttercup and Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl (seen here).

Thanks for stopping by!

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }