Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

OOTD: Mustard Morning! 9/23/12

Today's Outfit of the Day centers around a pair of gorgeous mustard and blue Mary Jane color-blocked heels that I recently purchased and am so in love with! I didn't have any mustard yellow items in my wardrobe at the time, so I had to be a little creative with assembling this outfit. 

The closest thing I had to matching the mustard hue of the shoes was this dusty yellow cardigan. It's not a bright yellow, and it's not as dark as mustard yellow, but I thought it worked well with the shoes. Under the cardigan, I wore a blue ruffle cami and tucked both into a taupe asymmetrical ruffle skirt. I love ruffles and like that the ruffles in the blouse and skirt are not both going down the center. It adds a unique element that the ruffles on the skirt are more on the side. The handbag I chose to pair with this outfit is my usual taupe Coach bag; it goes well with neutral outfits and especially works well with the skirt!
Originally, I had the cardigan untucked, but it looked strange to me for some reason because it was longer than the tucked-in blouse. I think it looks better tucked in with the cami. It also allows the zipper detail on the back of the skirt to show.
For jewelry, I'm wearing this blue and green statement necklace and topaz ring. On my watch arm, I have a bit of an arm party going on with my rose gold Michael Kors watch, rose gold wrap bracelet, and Bow Tie bracelet from Jewelmint. I'm also wearing bow pearl stud earrings.
I am in love with these shoes! Although I won't be able to wear them with many outfits, they are very eye catching, and I know I'll be able to incorporate them a lot this Fall. I love that the platform is color-blocked and has a strip of blue at the base. I also enjoy the double Mary Jane straps. I don't like wearing shoes with straps at the ankle because they cut off your legs and make you look shorter and stubbier, but having the straps across the actual foot doesn't do this (fashion tip!)
For makeup, I played with soft gold and blue on the lower lash line using the Stila In the Garden eyeshadow palette. I kept the cheeks and lips neutral with plum undertones.

Clothing:
Yellow cardigan, blue ruffle cami, taupe ruffle skirt & bow earrings: Forever 21
Mary Jane heels: Qupid brand from Reflection
Handbag: Coach
Necklace: So Good Jewelry (San Diego, CA)
Watch: Michael Kors
Wrap bracelet: Bauble Bar
Bow Tie bracelet: Jewelmint
Topaz ring: vintage

On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Stila In the Garden eye shadow palette: Chinois under brow and in inner corner
Breeze and Honey mixed on entire lid
Moss and Bark on outer 1/3 of lid and in crease
Nectar to blend out crease
Freesia on lower lash line
e.l.f. black liquid liner
black eyeliner pencil
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara

On Cheeks:
Revlon Photo Ready Bronzer
NARS Deep Throat blush
theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

On Nails:
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard (seen here)

Fragrance:
MAC Turquatic

What do you think of mustard yellow? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }