Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, October 8, 2012

OOTN: Gold Sequins & Faux Leather! 9/21/12

Tonight's outfit is one I wore to the opening night of my best friend's art gallery. I wanted to wear something edgy, but still chic, so I chose to pair this feminine, gold sequin blouse with black, faux leather leggings and a black and white statement necklace!
I've been seeing faux leather everywhere this Fall and thought this was a nice way to incorporate it in an outfit. It's a little ironic because when I first saw faux leather leggings and pants last Fall/Winter season, I absolutely hated them. It took about six months for them to grow on me and before I knew it, I was searching for my own pair mid-summer. I had a hard time finding these leggings in the summer, but managed to snag a pair from Love Culture that I really enjoy. They are light weight, stretchy, and comfortable. Best of all, they have a slight sheen to them that isn't too plastic-looking, which I enjoy. I've seen these everywhere lately, so you shouldn't have as difficult a time tracking them down as I did in the summer if you're interested in rocking this trend.
To keep the outfit a little feminine and add depth, I paired the leggings with this gold sequin blouse with chiffon long sleeves. I love how the neutral sparkle of the blouse makes it more wearable and less flashy while still making a statement. I like mixing textures and thought the chiffon, sequins, and faux leather really worked well together.
I don't like wearing leggings as pants, so I layered a long black cami under the chiffon blouse to cover my behind!
For shoes, you could wear any black flats, boots, or heels with this outfit, but I opted for these gold, glitter flats to add even more sparkle. I've worn these flats to death, which is funny because I was originally on the fence about getting them because I thought I wouldn't be able to pair them with many outfits. How wrong I was!
For jewelry, I love how this black and white statement necklace ties the whole outfit together. The angular shape of the necklace compliments the edgy faux leather perfectly. I also wore this set of triangular silver, gold, and black metal rings and my rose gold Michael Kors watch.
I actually wore this outfit on two different occasions with two different pairs of earrings. The first time, I chose these tear-drop shaped vintage earrings with a black gem, which gave off more of a punk vibe. The second time I wore this outfit, I wore black crystal drop earrings to make it a little more dressy (as can be seen two photos below.)
Clothing:
Sequin blouse and Faux leather leggings: Love Culture
Glitter flats: Payless
Watch: Michael Kors
Necklace: So Good Jewelry (San Diego, CA)
Both pairs of earrings and rings: Forever 21
For makeup, I wore a gold smokey eye with half false lashes to add more drama. I chose plum hues for the cheeks and lips and quite enjoy how the look came out.
On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette: Foxy under brow and in inner corner
Bootycall on tear duct
Half Baked on inner 2/3 of lid and on lower lash line
Tease to blend out crease
Busted and Blackout on outer 1/3 of lid and in crease
e.l.f. black liquid liner
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara
half false lashes on outer lash line (bought and cut in bulk from eBay)

On Cheeks:
Revlon Photo Ready Bronzer
theBalm Cabana Boy Blush
theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer highlight

On Lips:
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

On Nails:
Revlon Pale Cashmere, Butter London Tart with a Heart, and Wet n' Wild Glamorous (seen here)

Fragrance:
Vera Wang Lovestruck
Thanks so much for visiting! Would you wear faux leather leggings/pants?

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }