Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nail of the Day: Christmas Candy Cane!

I recently did a couple of nail designs to get in the festive Christmas spirit and wanted to share them with you. This first design is a simple candy cane stripe pattern over classic red nail polish.
Revlon Colorstay Velvet Rope, 2 coats; outdoor lighting


Revlon Colorstay Velvet Rope, 2 coats; outdoor lighting
I love how this design came out! Technically, it is more of an inverted candy cane design, but I love it just the same. It's festive, while not being too over the top. It's a more "mature" Christmas nail in my opinion. I used Revlon Colorstay nail polish in Velvet Rope, which is my favorite classic red shade because of how shiny it is, for the base. I then painted thick and thin stripes of white nail polish with a thin striper brush nail polish from Ink Nail Art.
Revlon Colorstay Velvet Rope, 2 coats; outdoor lighting
You could also paint a white base and use a red with a thin brush to do a more traditional candy cane design. 
What do you think? Do you like festive nail designs? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }