Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nail of the Day: Sinful Colors Mercury Rising & Pumpkin Spice!

Today's Nail of the Day features a combo I wore during Thanksgiving time back in late November. I loved the combo of the burgundy brown and orange and gold glitter polishes!

The first shade I used is Mercury Rising by Sinful Colors. On first inspection, I thought this was just a rich brown, but once painted on, it takes on a whole new level. It's actually a rich mahogany brown and has a lot of red/burgundy undertones to it; a really pretty and unique shade! It has very subtle gold micro-shimmer as well.
 Over top of Mercury Rising, I added Pumpkin Spice, a red/orange and gold glitter polish to the tips of my nails. This polish has a good amount of glitter in it and only needed one coat to get the desired concentration that I wanted. This combo just screamed Fall and Thanksgiving to me. The glitter doesn't stand out too much, but it adds a nice pop to such a standard "Fall" polish.
These polishes are really great for the price. They range around $1-2, and apply pretty consistently and wear well. However, I would say that the smell of these polishes is quite strong, and without a good top coat, they will chip on you pretty quickly. If you're used to painting your own nails and know the drill of base and top coat, you should be fine working with these relatively inexpensive polishes. The best part? They have an incredible shade range!

What's your signature "Fall" nail polish? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }