Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Monday, December 3, 2012

OOTD: Colors of Autumn! 10/7/12

One of my favorite things about Autumn are the rich colors that spring up outside. Today's Outfit of the Day is inspired by all the burnt yellow, evergreen, gold, and berry colors of Autumn and centers around a mustard yellow military-style coat, riding boots, and a patterned scarf.

This has been my go-to outfit these past couple of months. I would have never thought to pair a mustard yellow coat with such a colorful scarf! This outfit came together completely by accident, but I am absolutely obsessed with how the colors come together and just work. I wore this outfit on my last morning in San Francisco and too many times after to count.

Mustard is a color I would never have worn a few years ago, but I am loving it for this season. It's actually a lot easier to wear than I would have thought. I wore a cami under and paired this light coat with medium wash jeans and dark brown leather riding boots.
I love the military button detailing of this coat; it even has buttons on the sleeves. I also love how soft and comfortable it is to wear since it isn't really a coat, but more of a light jacket. The material is very pliable, so I find myself rolling up the sleeves a lot. There is a fun mustard and white stripe pattern on the inside, so it gives an interesting pop when I do roll up the sleeves.

I absolutely love this colorful scarf as well! The colors are beautiful and it has metallic gold threading to add to the texture of it. Patterned scarves can really dress up an outfit, but I make sure to wear solid colored tops under them, so that there isn't too much clashing of patterns.

I wore my new snakeskin-print glossy black leather handbag with gold detailing, but have also worn this outfit many times with a small, brown cross-body satchel for a more casual look.

I am getting so much use out of these dark brown leather riding boots. They go with almost every casual outfit I have worn this Fall.

For makeup, I used my trusty Naked palette to create a soft, neutral look and opted for berry cheeks.

There were so many extra flowers after the wedding, so I got to take home one of the bridesmaid bouquets. The flowers were gorgeous and still very fragrant!
Clothing:
Mustard coat, beige cami, and scarf: Forever 21
Skinny Jeans: Pac Sun
Leather Riding Boots: Aldo (Prettner boot)
Leather Handbag: Michael Kors (large Jet Set bag in Patent Python)
Jewelry: None!

On Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC paint pot in Bare Study
Urban Decay Naked Palette: Virgin under brow bone and in inner corner
Sin all over lid
Naked and Buck in crease
Dark Horse and Hustle in outer v and outer crease
black pencil liner
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara in Blackest Black

On Cheeks:
theBalm Cabana Boy blush
Nars Albatross highlighter

On Lips:
Nothing!

Nails:
French manicure

Fragrance:
MAC Turquatic

What has been your favorite color to wear this Autumn? :)

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }