Glamour Obsession

Fashion, Beauty, Fragrance, and all things Glamorous!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

OOTD: Sapphire Stunner (& My Day at the Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens!)

Today's Outfit of the Day centers around a navy lace dress, which I styled two different ways. Up first is the evening look, in which I paired the dress with bow tights, silver jewelry, and dark brown leather riding boots. The day look features the dress paired with light, stone colored boots
I've also included a series of photos at the end of my recent visit to the beautiful botanical gardens of the Huntington Library in San Marino, CA! :)

By now, you must all know of my fervent adoration of all things lace! I fell in love with the dark sapphire color of this dress though. What can I say? Jewel-tones really bring out my skin tone.
I paired the dress with black bow tights, a gray bow belt, and dark brown leather riding boots.
I really appreciate that this dress is fully lined (save for the sleeves) because it keeps me from having to layer when it's warmer out. I also enjoy the 3/4 sleeves.
For jewelry, I'm wearing a fringe-type silver statement necklace, black and silver crystal bracelet, my rose gold Michale Kors watch, and a rhinestone circle ring.

 I'm more willing to wear dramatic makeup in the evening and took full advantage of the darker dress to play with some navy shades on the lids. I used the Stila In the Garden palette and focused gold on the center of the lid and smoked it out with navy and purple shadows.
Clothing:
Navy Lace Dress, Bow Tights, & Bow Belt: Forever 21
Leather Riding Boots: Aldo (Prettner boot)
Necklace: H&M
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelet: Jewelmint (Bombshell bracelet)
Ring: American Eagle Outfitters

On Eyes:
Urban Decay primer potion
Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Bold Gold
Stila In the Garden eyeshadow palette: Chinois under brow, Breeze and Honey on inner 1/2 of lid, Freesia on outer half of lid, Rosette in crease, and Nectar to blend out crease
e.l.f. black liquid liner
Avon black pencil liner
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara

On Cheeks:
NYC Sunny Bronzer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
e.l.f. Blush in Gotta Glow as highlight

On Lips:
MAC Creme Cup lipstick
NYX Beige lipgloss

On Nails:
Sinful Colors Mercury Rising & Pumpkin Spice (seen here)

Fragrance:
Victoria Secret Angel perfume

<3

I wore this outfit again on my recent visit to the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens in San Marina, CA. To make it more day appropriate, I wore my go-to neutral eye from the Urban Decay Naked palette (Virgin, Sin, Naked, Buck, Smog), black leggings, and stone white boots. I included some of my favorite photos of the day. Enjoy and thank you for visiting! :)
The entrance to the Japanese Garden
My brother at the entrance to the Chinese Garden
The lake at the Chinese Garden
My absolute favorite photo!


Chinese Garden entrance
Jungle Garden
Rose Garden



Outside the Tea Room!
Shakespeare Garden
Second Outfit (same as first outfit except:)
Leggings: Express
Stone Boots: Just Fab (Marika boot)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Betsey Johnson and Shoplately
Earrings: Jewelmint (Forever Audrey)
Nails: Julie G Gift Wrapped and Light it Up

- xx, Eviola

No comments:

Post a Comment

.dsq-comment-body { color: #ffffff !important; }